Friday 6 April 2012

Gone with the Wind -Margaret Mitchell

One book that drives me crazy. Something about it, that even I can't identify, pulls me towards it. I have a terrible memory and there is no way I remember the details of the book but with every page I turn, my heart softens. It's that one classic novel that touches my heart every single time I read it. The characters seem so real, so imperfect, so full of mistakes, with no happy endings. It isn't about being happy and joyous in your life. It's about living on and on, about being as imperfect as you are but not caring what the world says, about loving the wrong person the right way, about having sore hands and still manage to turn heads, about having an attitude that makes people look up to you, about losing everything but still being able to imagine a prosperous ray of sunshine, all over again.

''TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY''

My favorite line from that book which adorns half my books and write-ups. Spoken by the charming Scarlett O'hara, it is her philosophy. The entire book she will not lose hope. The mountain shall fall and she shall still treat it like a mole hill destruction. She might just lose ounces of money she owns but she knows what she's doing.

But, it's the end that breaks all hearts, brings out the tears, signifies it as epic. She gains the whole world, she marries the most charming ephebe of a time, but the moment that her love for him shoots through her veins, it has already been too late. Rhett Butler is gone.Why? Because even the most deathless love wears out.

1 comment: