Saturday 4 October 2014

Midnight thoughts

I wanted to pull out pieces of me and burn alive.
I wanted to pierce this silence so that it would grow quieter.
I wanted to laugh at this absurdity till my hopes were famished. 
I wanted to scar someone till they were delicate enough to understand the world.
I wanted to scream for acceptance as an act of rebellion.
I wanted the music to make me fall asleep for more than just a night.
I wanted to tell people I pushed them because I didn't know how to hold on.
I wanted to walk into oceans to fill myself up.
I wanted to desire things.
I wanted to not be so complacent.
I wanted a sentence that could shred my insides repeatedly.
I wanted the swirling galaxies inside me to prove themselves.
I wanted the magnitude of fear to exceed its limit. Then explode.
I wanted the selfish to remain selfish.
I wanted undercover happiness and relentless euphoria.
I wanted clarity of distance.
I wanted a hopeless conversation.
I wanted assurance that we were all going to die.
I wanted green grass at 7 a.m on a sneaky Sunday morning.
I wanted a sun kissed act of poetry.
I wanted my black desires to sleep soundlessly.
I wanted my inadequacy to stop haunting even though I called out to it every night. 

2 comments: