Sunday 5 October 2014

One Sentence. One Want.

Thank you everyone for taking a minute out of your preoccupied days and answering in one sentence, what you want. It means a lot to me. 
This was a small project I did for myself. And it was indeed a successful one. 

I had the Gen Y be a part of it for two reasons. 

Firstly, because we are constantly criticised for being extremely materialistic in all aspects of our life. How we're always busy on our Smartphones and pay no heed to the small yet important things in life. How money is the only thing we desire and would do anything to get it.  (However, this is a very controversial statement. All of you who answered my question are, mostly, still in school or (junior) college. Therefore, it is quite obvious that money is not our first concern and we possess the freedom to contemplate other dimensions of life. Taking this into consideration would completely kill the purpose of my project so I'd like to ignore it.)

Secondly, I just wanted to know what people's spontaneous responses would be. 

What I noticed is that most of you did not give materialistic responses. Which, frankly, surprised me because I used to think I'm the only one who doesn't know what she wants when it comes to tangible valuables. In fact, the answers sound rather mature once you read them. 
Is our generation maturing faster? Yes, it is. 

Also, I hardly got any ambitious answers. 
I want to be a journalist but I, myself, would never answer this question with 'I want' to be a journalist. Which is funny because when we start going to school, we are made to write 'FIVE SENTENCES ON MYSELF' at some point. And, if I'm not wrong, "I want to be a Fashion Designer, Engineer, Doctor etc." is always one of the sentences. 

But then, why not now? 

I think it's because overtime we have lost the significance for it. Making a career out of our lives is not something we 'want' any more, rather it's something we know we 'have' to. 
Attend school since the age of 3, get marks, get into a good college, get a job, be rich. We have accepted this to be a system and maybe that's why we don't think of it as something far-off  that we desire.
Nevertheless, this is open to a lot of arguments beyond my thoughts.

A lot of you asked me what I wanted.
I couldn't answer because a new want kept coming to my mind every time I read someone else's answer.
By the end of it, I wanted a lot of things. But I'm going to stick to the first thing that came to my mind. I have incorporated it below because I want to retain absolute anonymity. 

Thank you again for being a part of this. It means a lot to me. If anyone is uncomfortable with their answer then let me know. I'll remove it. Also, don't judge any of the answers. :)
Enjoy reading.



Perfection in all things.



I want to be happy.



I want eternal love.



At least once in my life I want to travel to some place far off all alone.


Happiness without fear.


I really want to be an independent woman in the future.



I really don't know.



I just want to be happy all my life. If I'm happy I wouldn't want anything.


I want to find hope.


No jealousy, only love. 



I want loyalty and trust from everyone I know.



I want the whole world.



I really want to be, what I potentially can be.



I want a political backing and this one girl.


I want to give it all up. 



Knowledge and Peace of Mind.


The engaging cacophony of vibrant enterprise, the sweat and blood of building value, the honour of public service and the the unbridled love of a good woman. 


Freedom. Independence.


I want to learn how to hold on to people.



A Blu-Ray Disc player.



I want fame.



Freedom.


I want to be independent from my worries and feel free from social obligations.


Tattoo.



I really want my Hogwarts acceptance letter because Muggle life is too mediocre; but I would be satiated with one from Oxford too.


Peace of Mind.


A day when I wake up and I feel like not running away, not caring about tomorrow and finally being content.


I want to make my parents proud and find true love. 



Peace of mind, freedom of thoughts, being understood while being me.


Somebody I can open up to.


I really want my leg to be fine so that I can play football again.



I really want love.


A penthouse apartment.


I want abs.



The ability to let go off things that haunt me.


I was reading Harry Potter, so yeah I want a wand.


To travel from the peak of Mt. Everest to the bottom of the Pacific.





I want to know Myself.




I really want to get out of my art block.


I want to know what I want to do in life.




2 comments:

  1. So true writer... Mine too hides in there..
    I love this one...
    Can i have ur autograph?
    ��

    ReplyDelete