Monday 12 March 2012

BE THE CHANGE..


-dud‘Be the change you want to see’, famous lines by Mahatma Gandhi. Although today, we see the change and then want to be.
 I was driving home from a long day’s work, thinking about all the details that took place. There wasn’t much to think of but from one way comes another, and from every thought generates another.  It has now become my daily routine to drive home after work and on the way collect some things my wife asks me to. But have you ever thought that how badly this routine could be sabotaged in moments. One moment we are here, the other we could be anywhere. THIS could be my last evening driving back home in the serenity of my thoughts. Most would consider this pessimism, but I think it isn’t. It’s just the fact that with this changing world, anything is possible. Moreover, EVERYTHING is possible.  A very jolly friend of mine, who was living a perfect life till yesterday, is having a divorce today. Till yesterday I was a common desk-job working employee and TODAY I look down to the same people I used to work with.. 
With this generation’s opinion difference, technology is taking up a wide space in our life. This has occurred due to the past 15 years of bonding between man and its intelligence.  Where cell phones were a luxury, they are now considered a necessity.  And we have all seen this drastic change with our own eyes. Ranging from changes in mindset of women and children to the hazardous issues of environmental concerns, changes don’t seem to end; and we don’t seem to care either. Why, because change is the only permanent thing in life.
In the midst of my train of thoughts, something buzzed in my pocket. It was my cell phone; I had received a message from one of my colleagues saying something on the recent news coverage about Anna Hazare and his fight against corruption. Innumerable times I’ve read that message but still it falls on my deaf ears. Yes, my deaf ears because somewhere I, as a citizen am also responsible for corruption.  When I have to catch an auto-rickshaw, if the rickshaw-wala refuses to take me for a short distance I would rather pay him extra than walk till there. Does this not lead to corruption? It very much does, but seldom have any of us contemplated about it.
My car halted. I had reached home. Back home after another parade of thoughts. Back to my children and family. This is life and this is the world we live in. Where petrol and onion prices tend to fluctuate, where pizza reaches home faster than the ambulance, where the one’s guilty are given a life and the one’s for a good cause are threatened to be shot in public, where if a country’s economy fluctuates the rest of the world starts to presume its fall. Nonetheless, it’s changing all very rapidly. And as for my thoughts, they will remain trapped within me just the way everyone else’s do in their minds; because change doesn’t always mean issues and ideologies being passed along at global level, it also refers to the domestic ones around us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment