Wednesday 21 March 2012

Old Habits Die Hard

I am a total Bollywood freak. I will admit it. Since childhood, I have been watching Bollywood masala movies and I still do! I just love them. So much drama, dialogues, tears, lame comebacks! I could even watch the melodramatic ones like 'Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham' over and over again. Sad, right?
But overtime, as I have matured and grown, my perspective towards them has changed. I still love those movies to death and would any day choose Bollywood over Hollywood, but with this growing pea-sized brain, it was just recently that I realised how unrealistic bollywood movies are. Earlier people would tell me the same, but I always snubbed them away. No one says anything to bollywood movies in front of me.
But now, I see beyond the facade. For example, the movie 'London Paris New York' which just released in March. Hello! PEOPLE DO NOT MEET FOR 3 DAYS AND FALL IN LOVE TO GET HAPPILY MARRIED. Not even impossibly possible! And people know it.
But then why do they still watch them? The reason i still watch them, even after the curtain has been drawn, is because watching them takes me to a whole new world. A world where everything is somehow happy in the end, where the good guy ALWAYS wins, evil loses, and where nothing is impossible. And I'm guessing it's the same for everyone.
Not because people hate reality. Certainly not!
But because sometimes, it's nice to escape into someone else's world that is not so practical. And much more easy.

3 comments: