Saturday 5 May 2012

Another closed chapter

''Someday you're going to talk about all those closed chapters, even after you've completed the book.''


It is true what they say, some people go while some stay. And those that remain by your side forever are sort of meant to be there. I must have read it a billion times but now I know how it is. I've lost a lot of friends in life. No, only two actually. As in only they were really really good friends. The second one I realised quite later was never really my friend but we still stayed put. Until recently, when things fell apart. This time, it was nothing I could let go that easily. The last time I lost a friend it was my fault. I admit it now, even if I did not do so that time. We had scope but I had too much ego. She was all ready to accept me back even after all the crap that I had initiated but having someone run behind me just made me blind to the obvious. I don't regret things, basically, but yes I do wish there were some things I could change. Some things now and in the past both. There's so much complexity all around. 
So, the one I lost recently, well she was never someone who regarded me as a friend and soon after I realised that, I didn't either. There was no reason for me to continue, right? But we still remained friends due to very clear reasons. We were friends only because of one person, whom I would like to keep anonymous here. So this anonymous person here was the reason we both tolerated each other, no matter how much it frustrated us, or at least me. I would wait for it to end everyday but it wouldn't happen. Then came a day when it DID end. There was no more frustration but yes, it just didn't end the way I expected it to. It ended terribly. She screwed it up! I'll be frank! She knows it too. I don't know why she would do such a heartless thing when she knew EVERY bit of the inside detail. It hurts to think how cruel people can be sometimes, and how it is never coming back to how it was. Nevertheless, it happened, I don't know about her, but I lost a friend definitely. Even though I disliked her for reasons I did like hanging out with her and now it has all been washed away.
Bad times end, giving birth to good ones. But the start of those good times won't always be as smooth as we wish them to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment