Friday 25 May 2012

It won't matter tomorrow.. so what?

It's so predictable that all of us sit here and think of our own world. To be even more precise, about our lives. Our problems, our happiness and blah blah blah! Obviously, we are all the center of our own universe. Admit it or not, at some point, we all feel like the world revolves around us and if it doesn't we try to do the otherwise.

We're all always there for others, of course. But we somehow always manage to put ourselves first.

It's common human behavior to be always focusing on problems. Issues. We have that certain magnetism force that attracts us to trouble. If trouble was available on home delivery, its number would be on our speed dial! Seriously. We don't master at narcissism but we just tend to think about ourselves, FIRST.

Problems never end, naturally. If there isn't a problem then there's always drama, which is equivalent to a problem. And we are way too habitual of mulling over problems that it tends to come to us naturally.

But while thinking of all my problems today it sometimes makes me questions my own sanity. I might just sound like a 60-year-old but seriously, when I grow up, is all this even going to matter? It's like one of those questions that parents keep repeating, ''All this is going to make no difference later on in life, sweety.''. And we all know it's true. It's like having ice cold water being thrown at your face, knowing that's the warmest you will ever find.
Well, you get the cusp, right?

It's like sitting here today, we can't help but contemplate about our tiny little problems that seem like nuclear bombs today, alongside knowing that they are just going to seem like mole hills tomorrow. It can be pretty frustrating, you know. Sometimes I wish we didn't have these problems today. That way, we could pay attention to the real problems that hit us tomorrow. But that is so unrealistic..

I'm still a kid and I won't say I've experienced life to its depths but I can say something from what I have learnt, right?

Yeah, so well, I feel, that the reason we hear them say that these problems are silly are because they have been through worse! I mean, look today, if I see a 5 year old crying over his lost chocolate I'll laugh it off but once upon a time that was my biggest trauma too. So just because tomorrow is going to be worse, is it wise to give up on today? Today's problems are big and so will be tomorrow's. Comparison has no place to fit in.

Because you know what they say, IF THERE ARE NO UPS AND DOWNS, IT'S NOT REALLY LIFE.!

No comments:

Post a Comment