Sunday 12 May 2013

Between June and July

This is such an old post. I remember composing it last year I guess. Just found it in my drafts. It's still as original and true as it seemed while I typed it out.



The wind swept across my face as I was sitting there watching the leaves move. This wind made chills run up my spine. Not because it was cold after a whole of 3 heated months but because this wind was bringing along with it a lot of new things.
A new season, new rains, new studies, new memories, new gossip, and most of all new people. Hopefully.
This wind reminded me of how my life takes a twist every year in this very month. Or at least around the same time. Between June and July. There is this extremely old pattern about my life. Every year April and May are the best months. I have a lot of fun in every way possible. And then as soon as May ends things start to wind up in a very outlandish manner. Something unexpected happens. Every year I meet some people and they drift apart. I have seen and heard enough to tag that as normal. But still, it surprises me how this very month brings out its best and worst and shoves it on the table and then it is my job to handle them both. My job is to handle the change. Yet again. Today I think I bid goodbye to a lot many anonymous people who I thank for indulging in my life and making things all the more interesting and intriguing
We won't always have them all in our life but from what I have learnt, when a box of cookies is over there is always a new flavor in the market!

No comments:

Post a Comment